Fall is in the air and we’re looking for a little more than just a pumpkin spice latte. With whiskey to wine and yes, vodka, these are the best fall cocktails.
Fall, for a bunch of reasons, often takes the prize as people’s favorite season. With gorgeous fall colors, cooling temperatures, and the excitement of the holiday season around the corner, there are certainly a lot of reasons to love fall.
WHAT TO DO IN FALL
Perhaps what’s so great about fall is how many unique activities you’re able to do. The weather in many parts of the world in fall is still nice, warm, and sunny enough to keep enjoying all of your favorite summer activities, like going on nice walks or hikes in the woods. The beautiful fall colors and crisp autumn air also entice people to get out and enjoy the weather before the cold of winter sets in.
There are also a ton of fall-specific activities that you can do. One that immediately comes into mind is going to the pumpkin patch with your dog, family, or significant other. Fall is also football season, and going to either a professional, collegiate, or high school football game is always a blast. You can also go to petting zoos, go to haunted houses, or go horseback riding through the beautiful fall colors.
Of all these fall activities, virtually every single one can be made better with a drink in your hand.
Here at Switch Vodka, we figure that in order to properly get into the fall spirit, we should share a few of our picks for the best fall cocktails.
BEST FALL COCKTAILS
Here, in no particular order, are Switch Vodka’s picks for the best fall cocktails. You’ll notice that many of them take tried-and-true classic cocktails, but add on a fall-specific twist. These are the perfect cocktails to sip on after a nice hike, while tailgating at a football game, or while wandering through the pumpkin patch.
PUMPKIN SPICE WHITE RUSSIAN
- 1.5 oz Switch Vodka Light
- 1.5 oz pumpkin spice creamer
- 1 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
- Whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice for garnish
- Pour vodka, creamer, and Kahlua into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Lightly shake until cold and all combined.
- Pour into a glass, top with pumpkin pie spice and whipped cream.
This Pumpkin Spice White Russian takes a classic cocktail, the White Russian, and infuses it with what is now fall’s signature ingredient: pumpkin spice. This cocktail gives the White Russian a perfect fall twist, with the pumpkin spice creamer giving the rich, creamy drink a new level of flavor. This is the perfect pre-dinner cocktail for when things start getting colder and the house starts feeling cozier. Plus, with Switch Vodka Light, you’re getting a low-calorie, healthy, gluten-free, all-natural vodka that will still leave you with the energy to go on a nice hike the following morning.
APPLE CRANBERRY MOSCOW MULE
- 4 oz Switch Vodka Light
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- ½ cup sparkling apple juice or apple cider
- 1 can ginger beer
- Fresh cranberries or sliced apples, plus a cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Fill 2 glasses with ice and add equal amounts of Switch Vodka, apple juice, and cranberry juice to each glass, then stir to combine.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with the ginger beer and gently stir to incorporate. Garnish with cranberries and apples as desired, and enjoy!
The Apple Cranberry Moscow Mule adds traditional fall flavors of cranberry and apple to remain crisp and refreshing. It’s not overly sweet or bitter, but adds the tartness of apples and cranberries to make an absolutely delicious fall cocktail!
PUMPKIN PIE MOSCOW MULE
- 1.5 oz Switch Vodka Light
- 1 heaping tbsp pumpkin puree (sweetened)
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ lime, juiced
- 4 oz ginger beer
- Whole star anise and/or cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Add vodka, pumpkin puree, and lime juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until cold and pumpkin puree has incorporated into lime juice and vodka.
- Strain into a copper mug with ice.
- Top with ginger beer and enjoy! Garnish with whole star anise and/or cinnamon stick, if desired.
The Pumpkin Pie Moscow Mule is a unique, delicious take on the traditional Moscow Mule. The inclusion of pumpkin puree makes this cocktail taste like a slice of pumpkin pie, except you’re not eating it but drinking it instead! The sweetness of the pumpkin blends with the warmth of the ginger beer and the bitterness of vodka is a truly fantastic flavor combination!
APPLE CIDER BELLINI
- 1 oz Switch Vodka Light
- 1 oz apple cider
- Champagne or Prosecco to fill the glass
- Add cider and vodka to a champagne flute, then fill the glass with champagne and garnish with an apple slice. Enjoy!
The Apple Cider Bellini is a remarkably delicious, remarkably simple cocktail that only calls for 3 ingredients. Despite its simplicity, you’ll be sure to enjoy its delicious apple flavor. It’s also a great cocktail to bring in a pitcher to a fall dinner party (simply multiple the ingredients by eight).
ALCOHOL FOR A HEALTHY DIET
The common thought is that in order to lose weight and stay healthy, you need to avoid alcohol at all costs. The traditional way of thinking is that alcohol isn’t conducive to being healthy and active, especially since it’s just empty calories. At Switch Vodka, we’re trying to prove that you don’t need to give up alcohol to be healthy.
We at Switch Vodka believe that including alcohol in a healthy diet is entirely possible. Our goal is to make it as easy to do that, so we created a low-carb, gluten-free, low-calorie, with only clean, natural flavors and no added sugars or artificial ingredients. We then use our state-of-the-art iStill distillation process to ensure a high-quality spirit that is crisp and smooth and will let you get out of bed the next day, hangover-free, with energy for that Sunday morning hike! Click here to see where you can find us in stores!