If you’re anything like us, you’re conscious of what you put into your body and how you maintain it. That’s why shopping at Whole Foods is a great idea. However, again – if you’re anything like us, you like to indulge in a cocktail or two every once in a while…but even then, you’re looking for healthier, low-carb, low-calorie alcohol options. Well, you’ve probably found some good choices for beer at Whole Foods, but does Whole Foods sell liquor?
IS THERE LIQUOR AT WHOLE FOODS?
The answer to the question of if Whole Foods sells liquor depends state-by-state. Some states allow grocery stores to sell liquors and other harder alcohols, whereas some other states such as Utah, North Carolina, and Oregon require you to go to a specialized liquor store to purchase anything stronger than wine.
Here in Colorado, thankfully, Whole Foods generally does sell liquor, even though you’ll have to go to a certain location or a separate part of the store to find it!
WHOLE FOODS LIQUOR OPTIONS
Whole Foods generally has a great variety of liquor to choose from, such as rum, vodka, gin, tequila, and whiskey.
If you shop at the Highlands Ranch or Boulder Whole Foods, you’ll also be able to purchase Switch Vodka. Call us biased, but we believe it’s the best alcohol at Whole Foods for what you get.
Switch Vodka is the perfect liquor to buy at Whole Foods if you’re trying to stay healthy and conscious of what you’re putting into your body. Not only is it delicious, smooth, low-carb, low-calorie, and only contains all-natural ingredients, but also because there’s a ton of overlap between what Whole Foods stands for and Switch Vodka’s values.
WHOLE FOODS MISION/VALUES
Whole Foods is often thought of as a top-of-the-line grocery store that people go to to get quality ingredients.
Whole Foods especially prioritizes sustainable and responsible sourcing, which often includes working with local suppliers to stock their stores.
According to Whole Foods’ website:
“We believe our customers should know where our products come from, how they’re grown and what ingredients they contain. From our rigorous Quality Standards to our Sourced for Good program, explore all the ways we’re helping our customers feel good about what they’re putting in their baskets.”
Whole Foods also has 6 core values that they try to run their business on.
These 6 core values are:
- Selling the highest quality natural and organic foods
- Whole Foods partners with farmers and suppliers and carefully vets their products to make sure they meet its high standards by researching ingredients, reading labels, and auditing sourcing practices. This effort is all to make shopping easier for the consumer.
- Satisfying and delighting their customers
- Whole Foods views customers are the lifeblood of their business and their most important stakeholder. They strive to meet or exceed their expectations in every shopping experience.
- Whole Foods focuses on delivering outstanding customer service through their knowledge, skill, enthusiasm, and operational excellence.
- Whole Foods continually experiments and innovates to offer a better customer experience. They strive to create store environments that are inviting, fun, unique, comfortable, attractive, nurturing, and educational.
- Promoting employee growth and happiness
- Whole Foods strives to build positive and healthy relationships. “Us versus them” thinking has no place in the company. They earn trust through transparent communication, open-door policies, and inclusive people practices. They appreciate and recognize the good work that our fellow Team Members do every day and value the importance of fun, family, and community involvement to encourage a rich, meaningful, and balanced life.
- Practicing win-win partnerships with suppliers
- Whole Foods recognizes it is part of an interdependent business ecosystem. There are tens of thousands of suppliers that they depend on to create an outstanding retail shopping experience for our customers.
- Therefore, they view our trade partners as allies in serving our stakeholders. They treat them with respect, fairness, and integrity while expecting the same in return.
- Creating profits and prosperity
- Whole Foods knows that profits are essential to create capital for growth, job security, and overall financial success. Profits are the “savings” every business needs in order to change and evolve to meet future goals. They are the “seed corn” for next year’s crop and creator of sustained prosperity.
- Caring about their community and the environment
- Whole Foods serves and supports a local experience, and practices and advances environmental stewardship.
WHY SWITCH VODKA IS AT WHOLE FOODS
A big reason why Switch Vodka is sold at whole foods is that there is a ton of alignment between our values and Whole Foods’ values.
Not only that, we view Whole Foods as a great way to reach customers that care about having high-quality, great-tasting vodka.
As of right now, you can find Switch Vodka at Whole Foods in Highlands Ranch and Boulder, however, we plan on expanding to more stores soon!
SWITCH VODKA IS VODKA “LIGHT”
At Switch Vodka, the premise behind our product is very simple: Create an extra light vodka that tastes good and isn’t full of junk that makes us feel bad.
Switch vodka was designed for people who truly care about what they put in their bodies. The types of people who don’t want to consume countless carbs drinking with friends after a day of healthy eating. Our gluten-free vodka has very low calories and is great for making sub-100 calorie cocktails.
It would be inaccurate for any alcohol brand to make the claim their product won’t give you a hangover. But, with absolutely nothing artificial and no added sugars, let’s just say Switch vodka drinkers don’t hate mornings as much as people who drink other vodkas or other types of alcohol.
We owe that to the way we distill our vodka.
We truly try to embody the Colorado lifestyle in a great-tasting spirit. We think of the Colorado lifestyle as being filled with friendly, outdoorsy people and a healthy, fun, laid-back way of life.
So, does Whole Foods sell liquor? Yes. And only the good stuff (again, we’re biased).
The next time you’re at Whole Foods and are looking to get some vodka, choose Switch Vodka “light.” With our natural flavors and low-calorie, high-quality vodka, you can drink knowing you’ll still feel great the next morning!