Alcohol, just like everything else, has its trends and fads that come and go. Right now, cocktails are genuinely making a comeback, as people appreciate resurrected creativity that makes cocktails so popular.
Do you have a bottle of vodka and want to use it? Then, you can try endless great popular vodka cocktails and mixed drinks as varied as you can imagine.
Because of its subtle flavor, vodka quickly takes on the character of a drink. That is why it goes well with almost everything.
In this article, we have gathered the most popular vodka cocktails; read on to see them all.
MOST POPULAR VODKA COCKTAILS
Here, in no particular order, are Switch Vodka’s picks for the best cocktails. You’ll notice that many of them take tried-and-true classic cocktails. These are the perfect cocktails to sip on after a nice hike, while tailgating at a football game, or while wandering through the pumpkin patch.
PEACH BASIL COCKTAIL
- 1.5 oz Switch Peach Basil Vodka
- 3 oz lemonade
- 1 oz club soda
- Garnish with a lemon or fresh peach slice
Fill a tall glass with as much ice as desired.
Pour 1.5 oz (one shot – or more, if you dare) of Switch Peach Vodka over ice.
Add 3 oz of your favorite lemonade followed by 1 oz of club soda.
Garnish your drink with a lemon or fresh peach slide and enjoy!
THE WATERMELON CRUSH
The Watermelon Crush combines everything that reminds us of summer freshness.
- 1.5 ounce Switch Vodka Light Pomegranate Lemongrass
- 1 cup freshly pureed watermelon
- Small watermelon slice
- Lemon wedge
Combine ingredients in a blender. Pulse until smooth. Garnish with a watermelon slice and a lemon wedge.
For mood music, be sure to pair this one up with the timeless song “Watermelon Crawl” by Tracy Byrd.
Cocktail Hack: Try variations of this drink with other fruit in season and other Switch Vodka Light flavors. Can you taste a Palisade peach crush drink made with Peach Basil Switch Vodka? How about some fresh strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries and your favorite Switch Vodka Light?
PUMPKIN SPICE WHITE RUSSIAN
- 1.5 oz Switch Vodka Light
- 1.5 oz pumpkin spice creamer
- 1 oz Kahlua coffee liqueur
- Whipped cream and pumpkin pie spice for garnish
- Pour vodka, creamer, and Kahlua into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Lightly shake until cold and all combined.
- Pour into a glass, top with pumpkin pie spice and whipped cream.
This Pumpkin Spice White Russian takes a classic cocktail, the White Russian, and infuses it with what is now fall’s signature ingredient: pumpkin spice. This cocktail gives the White Russian a perfect fall twist, with the pumpkin spice creamer giving the rich, creamy drink a new level of flavor. This is the perfect pre-dinner cocktail for when things start getting colder and the house starts feeling cozier. Plus, with Switch Vodka Light, you’re getting a low-calorie, healthy, gluten-free, all-natural vodka that will still leave you with the energy to go on a nice hike the following morning.
APPLE CRANBERRY MOSCOW MULE
- 4 oz Switch Vodka Light
- ½ cup cranberry juice
- ½ cup sparkling apple juice or apple cider
- 1 can ginger beer
- Fresh cranberries or sliced apples, plus a cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Fill 2 glasses with ice and add equal amounts of Switch Vodka, apple juice, and cranberry juice to each glass, then stir to combine.
- Fill the remainder of the glass with the ginger beer and gently stir to incorporate. Garnish with cranberries and apples as desired, and enjoy!
The Apple Cranberry Moscow Mule adds traditional fall flavors of cranberry and apple to remain crisp and refreshing. It’s not overly sweet or bitter, but adds the tartness of apples and cranberries to make an absolutely delicious fall cocktail!
PUMPKIN PIE MOSCOW MULE
- 1.5 oz Switch Vodka Light
- 1 heaping tbsp pumpkin puree (sweetened)
- 1/4 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- ½ lime, juiced
- 4 oz ginger beer
- Whole star anise and/or cinnamon stick, for garnish
- Add vodka, pumpkin puree, and lime juice into a cocktail shaker filled with ice. Shake until cold and pumpkin puree has incorporated into lime juice and vodka.
- Strain into a copper mug with ice.
- Top with ginger beer and enjoy! Garnish with whole star anise and/or cinnamon stick, if desired.
The Pumpkin Pie Moscow Mule is a unique, delicious take on the traditional Moscow Mule. The inclusion of pumpkin puree makes this cocktail taste like a slice of pumpkin pie, except you’re not eating it but drinking it instead! The sweetness of the pumpkin blends with the warmth of the ginger beer and the bitterness of vodka is a truly fantastic flavor combination!
APPLE CIDER BELLINI
- 1 oz Switch Vodka Light
- 1 oz apple cider
- Champagne or Prosecco to fill the glass
- Add cider and vodka to a champagne flute, then fill the glass with champagne and garnish with an apple slice. Enjoy!
The Apple Cider Bellini is a remarkably delicious, remarkably simple cocktail that only calls for 3 ingredients. Despite its simplicity, you’ll be sure to enjoy its delicious apple flavor. It’s also a great cocktail to bring in a pitcher to a fall dinner party (simply multiple the ingredients by eight).
ALCOHOL FOR A HEALTHY DIET
The common thought is that in order to lose weight and stay healthy, you need to avoid alcohol at all costs. The traditional way of thinking is that alcohol isn’t conducive to being healthy and active, especially since it’s just empty calories. At Switch Vodka, we’re trying to prove that you don’t need to give up alcohol to be healthy.
We at Switch Vodka believe that including alcohol in a healthy diet is entirely possible. Our goal is to make it as easy to do that, so we created a low-carb, gluten-free, low-calorie, with only clean, natural flavors and no added sugars or artificial ingredients. We then use our state-of-the-art iStill distillation process to ensure a high-quality spirit that is crisp and smooth and will let you get out of bed the next day, hangover-free, with energy for that Sunday morning hike! Click here to see where you can find us in stores!